This post may contain affiliate links which means I earn a small commission if you decide to use my links. Disclosure here.[sc name=”affiliatedisclosure”]
Today I have a fun little winter play tray setup that’s a great sensory activity for your little one. I absolutely love setting these trays for my son because I know that he’ll have the opportunity to discover new items and play freely with all the materials provided.
Here’s everything you will need for this fun winter play tray setup:
- a large tray – feel free to use a pizza tray, that’s what I used
- small wooden pieces – I used tiny reindeer here which I found at a local store.
- fairy lights – looks so nice when lit up.
- white beans – you want something that will act as snow. I could’ve used something better, like salt, but I wanted to reuse what I used previously in other activities. I am using black-eyed beans here.
- chestnuts – that imitate rocks.
- white pom-poms – imitates snow bundles.
- pine cones – I already had these from a project I did last year (that’s why they are painted)
- characters – I am using PLP toys – which are handpainted by me. Check them out here.
- mini construction vehicles – great for scooping and moving things around. You can find them on Amazon.
How to set up the winter play tray
It’s very easy to setup because there are no rules. Now it’s time to get creative and I am sure your tray will be perfect for your little one.
Check out the video below to see some behind the scenes.
Suitable from 2 years old, please supervise your child, especially since we are using smaller parts.
A final note
I hope you liked this activity idea for the littles. If you are looking for some more play inspiration, please follow me on Instagram. I post more play inspiration there.